Security Guard Training
Security Guard Training with our company will set you up to start your new career. To be a SLED Certified Private Security Officer you must be trained in a 4 – 8 hour class. Security Guard Training is a must in South Carolina to become a SLED Certified Private Security Officer.
Our Security Guard Training is current with all SLED’s latest regulations. In South Carolina a SLED Certified Private Security Officer must be trained by an approved company, we are it!
Who do we train for SLED Private Security Guard Training?
1. Individuals who want to start a new career.
2. Companies who are getting behind on training to certify their officers.
3. Re-certifying to keep your annual SLED card active.
4. If the Class size is large enough, we will come to your area with our “Mobile Setup” and conduct the training. To price this, we will have to know the location and class size.
5. Individuals from other states who want to work in SC as a SLED Security Officer. Yes, some individuals work for companies that do business in SC or they live close enough to the SC border and would like to work for a SC Security company. Either way, you must get a SLED Card.
The following Below, explains the class you should take.
1st, remember this, if you want to carry anything such as a Baton, Taser, OC Spray, etc….you must be trained to use it and have documented proof on you while working a site.
SLED does not regulate Tasers, Batons and OC Spray, meaning, if you want to carry these, you must go to someone who trains for these. You must bring your “Primary Plus” paperwork and have the instructor sign it for the item you Certified in.
Primary Basic: (Mandatory) A basic knowledge of what you can do as a legal SLED Certified Security Officer on the property you protect. To become an ” Unarmed Officer”. This class is all you will need to be a basic SLED Certified Security Officer. Taking this class does NOT include weapons, Handcuffs, Use of Force and Authority to arrest. You will be able to work as a SLED Security Officer and wear a uniform, observe and report with no arrest authority if you choose this class alone. 4 hour class.
Primary Plus: (Optional) This class is basically an upgrade to certify you in many things such as Handcuffing, Use of force and Handguns. This class gives you the same authority as a Sheriffs deputy on the property you protect. YOU CANNOT take this class unless you have been to the “Primary Basic“. You can take both “Basic” and “Plus” in the same day. 8 hour class.
To break it down: In other words, there are really 3 types of classes,
- Primary basic as explained above. This is “Unarmed” and “No Arrest Authority“.
- Primary Plus. You take this class so that you can carry handcuffs and have “Arrest Authority“. But, still “Unarmed“.
- Primary Plus with Weapons. This is the cream of the crop. This class gives you everything. When completing this class you will have the documentation to proceed to get your Armed SLED Security Card. It gives you the same Authority as a Sheriffs deputy on the property you protect.
SLED Security Guard Training
To see if you qualify for Security Guard Training, you can visit SLED’s website here http://www.sled.sc.gov/