SLED Security training
The SLED Security Training Classes that helps you start your career in the Security Profession.
SLED Security Training
State Law Enforcement Division
1st off, what do you know about SLED? SLED Security Officers are Certified through our “State Law Enforcement Division” (SLED). We answer to them as they control what we can do and what we cannot do. However, most people call it South Carolina Law Enforcement Division.
Every state has an agency that controls the “Security” side of the industry such as North Carolina is controlled by the PPSB (Private Protective Services Board).
NOTE: If you take 5 minutes….just 5 minutes to read ALL of the information we have provided for you, you will get 99% of the questions you have answered right here!
Questions and Answers
Down below, you will find the “Class Dates” and “Class Info” tab.
SLED Certified Security Training is broken in to 2 classes.
In reality, there are 3 portions, we explain better below.
The 2 (3) SLED Certified Security Training classes are:
- 4 hour class called “Primary Basic” to be Certified as an Unarmed Security Officer.
- 4 hour class called “Primary Plus” to become a SLED Certified Unarmed Security Officer with Arrest Powers or in other words the “Same Authority” as the local Police Department on the property with the contract.
- NOTE: To become an Armed Security Officer you must take BOTH classes with the addition of the “Weapons Portion” which includes the qualifying of the weapon you will carry on your sites.
- Yes, you can schedule to take all of the above in the same day and qualify with the weapon to become an Armed Security Officer….the qualification portion adds more time to the training so be prepared for a long day.
Who do we train?
- Individuals who want to start a new career.
- Companies who are getting behind on training to certify their officers.
- Re-certifying to keep your annual SLED card active.
- Churches. Start your own Security Team with our “Turn-key” Service.
- Individuals from other states who want to work in SC as a SLED Security Officer. Yes, some individuals work for companies that do business in SC or they live close enough to the SC border and would like to work for a SC Security company. Either way, you must get a SLED Card.
- We will help you start your own Security Company with our “Turn Key” service.
For our Updated Class Dates and More information on how to Register
Email us with questions
Most likely, the question you have is right here, take a look
Questions and Answers
If not, go ahead and email us what your question is.
Can you meet SLED’s Security Officer Requirements?
To visit SLED’s website,
click the photo below and review their policies and regulations for becoming a SLED Certified Armed or Unarmed officer.